2021/2022 Grant Applications Are Now Closed
Agencies or Organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Be incorporated as a nonprofit organization.
- Be registered as a charity under the Canada Income Tax Act and Provide a charitable
- Registration Number that is in good standing with Canada Revenue Agency.
- Be located within the boundaries of the United Way of South Eastern Alberta and provide services to clients within this area.
- The agency is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors that receive no financial remuneration.
- The agency Board meets at least 8 times per year and operates with a quorum.
- The agency Board make-up is representative of the area programs are offered to clients.
- The duties and responsibilities of the Board are defined in writing.
- The agency has an annual independent audit with full reporting of all agency and program expenses and revenues.
- Program expenses and revenues must be clearly separated from the overall agency expense and revenue budget.
- Demonstrate approved financial need while at the same time show a balanced approach to annual budgeting.
Personnel Administration Requirements
- The agency has written personnel policies, guidelines and job descriptions for program staff and volunteers.
- Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
The United Way will fund specific programs or services that meet the intent of our mission. The United Way is accountable to its donors and the community at large. The expectation is that each agency applying for funding demonstrates:
• They are a Registered with Revenue Canada as a Charity
• Need in the community
• Does Not Duplicate another program in the community
• In nonpartisan and open to all individuals in need of the program
• Efficiency in management
• Need for United Way funding
• Support of the United Way
• Fulfills the United Way Funding Priority Areas
United Way is unable to fund:
• Agencies/organizations acting in the capacity of a funding body.
• Agencies/organizations that duplicate services in the same geographical area.
• Agencies/organizations affiliated with a political party or have a political mandate.
• Agencies/organizations without registered charitable status.
• Capital Projects, renovations, and purchase of property.
• Annual fundraising drive or events.